This program is great pre-season training for triathlon, or just a great run program for youth (7-12) and juniors (13-17) who like to run and want to get faster. We will work on developing endurance and speed as well as teach appropriate warm up and run strength exercises.
Fridays, 4:30pm at Tilden Middle School
April 5, 12, 19, 26,
May 3, 10, 24 (new make up) 31
June 7, 14 (weather make-up)
Note: This fee is already included in the Elite TRI Training program. No need to register if you are participating in the TRI program.
For youth (7-12) and juniors (13-17). Two Tuesday evenings per summer month, youth and juniors of all levels can participate in our NEW Splash & Dash series! It is a great way to “get your feet wet” in the sport of aquathlon and triathlon, or to practice for your summer race events. Before the events, kids will learn everything they need to know with mini-clinic lessons on how to complete the event and topics including swim tips, transition tricks, and strategies for a successful run. All of the run is on trail and does not cross any roads.
Distances for the events are as follows:
Youth 7-8, 50 meter swim, .5 mile run (1 loop)
Youth 9-10, 100 meter swim. .5 mile run (1 loop)
Youth 11-12, 200 meter swim, 1 mile run (2 loops)
Youth 13 - 15, 300 meter swim, 1 mile run (2 loops)
Finisher awards for participants
Special awards at the end of the season to those who participate in 3+ events.
Required: a youth USAT membership ($10 found HERE)
Tuesday evenings 7-8pm
Old Farm Swim & Paddle
June 4 & 18
July 16* & 30
August 6 & 20**
$20 per event (cash or check paid on site)
Athletes in the E2P Elite TRI Training program are committed to the following:
- Racing with the team in at least one of the USAT team events listed below
- Participation in the E2P Splash & Dash Events
- Participation in our E2P Youth & Junior run and cycle training programs
- Is on a summer swim team and/or swims with E2P privately or on select days
- Committed to following an on-line training program (for those athletes going to Nationals)
- Must purchase and wear an E2P Racing kit for use in practice and racing
- Must have a road bike (or similar approved by the coach for racing)
- Option to have cleats and bike shoes (highly recommended for junior athletes)
- Must have USAT annual youth and junior membership ($10)
Who may participate in the elite training?:
- Youth must be registered for races as a 9-year-old or older for 2019 (this means you turn age 9 by the end 2019. Sorry, this elite team is not for anyone under age 9 by 12/31/19 – NO EXCEPTIONS!)
- Youth and junior athletes who intend to race competitively.
- Junior athletes who compete at longer distances and need more training.
- Youth and junior athletes who demonstrate a desire to accel in the sport.
- Youth and junior athletes who intend to compete at Nationals in August.
- This team is NOT for kids who do not want to participate. Kids on this team love the sport and love the training. If you are not sure, consider participating in just the Summer Splash and Dash events.
- Track run training: Fridays, 4:30pm at Tilden Middle School
o April 5, 12, 19, 26, May 3, 10, 31, June 7, 14 (weather make-up day)
- Advanced cycling skills training: Pre-season Thursdays, 5pm at Seneca Creek Park
o April 11, 25, May 9, 23
- Additional swim/bike/run training – Rockville area
Thursday 6/06, 11:00am
Tuesday 6/20, 11:00am
Thursday 7/11, 11:00am
Thursday 7/25, 11:00am
Tuesday 7/30, 11:00am - pre-nationals prep swim/bike/run
Thursday 8/15, 11:00am
- Private or semi-private swim lessons available for $40 for 30 min session
Elite Training, Track Program, Splash & Dash participation and on-line training program for athletes to complete training on their own: $299
Pro-rate not available. Racing kit (approx. $130) and race registrations are purchased separately.
Athletes who wish to compete in 2019 should consider putting these races on their calendar (the races with *** are most essential to athletes who want to race on a competitive level.)
May 5, East Coast Triathlon Festival Richmond ***
June 1, Frederick Kids Triathlon, Middletown (afternoon race)
July 13, Hagerstown Youth Triathlon, Hagerstown (evening race)
July 21, Columbia Association Kids Triathlon, Columbia (morning race) ***
August 4, USAT Youth & Junior Nationals, West Chester Ohio***
August 24, Nottingham Kids Triathlon, Mount Airy (morning race)***